Dutch course • Level 2
Beginners A1/A2 course (30 lesson hours)
This course is for internationals who have completed LEVEL 1, or those who already have a basic knowledge of Dutch. The course covers A1/A2 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages. After the course you will be able to communicate in Dutch within a limited range of contexts and topics.
This course can be attended in one of the following ways:
- Evening course. Monday and Wednesday 18:15-20:45 (6 weeks)
- Saturday course. 10:00-13:00 (10 weeks)
- Intensive course. Monday to Friday 09:00-14:30 and Saturday 10:00-15:30 (6 days)
Marnixstraat 80, 1015 VX Amsterdam
What you learn
How to get things done at a local authority in Dutch, talk about jobs and studies and apply for one, make an appointment at the doctor’s office, describe a recent holiday or event, express your opinion in Dutch on a familiar topic, understand newspaper articles, watch simple news, and more. You will develop the skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing in Dutch at A2 CEFR level.
How you learn
Since communication is the main goal, you will work in pairs or groups to practise speaking and listening through various engaging and fun exercises. After each lesson, the teacher will share the material you should prepare for the following lesson. Home study of approx. 5 to 8 hours per week is essential in order to achieve the A2 level.
To have completed LEVEL 1 or a knowledge of Dutch at A1 level. In case of the latter, we will contact you to schedule an intake after you register for the course.
Contact! 1 tekstboek (not included in the price of this course. Should be ordered in a timely fashion before the course starts).
The course fee includes:
- 30 hours of relevant, informative and engaging Dutch language lessons;
- additional materials administered during the lessons;
- a graded written test at the last lesson;
- a certificate of attendance;
- a TaalBoost goodie bag and;
- coffee/tea and cookies during the breaks.
The course fee does not include:
- the course book of € 38,50. The same course book is used for Level 1 and Level 2.
register for a course
Evening L1 Sept 10
Evening L2 Sept 10
Evening L3 Sept 11
Evening L4 Sept 11
Intensive L1 Sept 10
Intensive L2 Aug 13
Saturday L1 Sept 8
Saturday L2 Sept 8