Dutch course • Level 1
Beginners 0/A1 course (30 lesson hours)
This course is for complete beginners with no previous or very limited knowledge of the Dutch language and covers 0/A1 of the Common European Framework of References for Languages. After the course, you will be able to communicate in basic Dutch, provided that the listener is ready to help.
This course can be attended in one of the following ways:
- Evening course. Monday and Wednesday 18:15-20:45 (6 weeks)
- Saturday course. 10:00-13:00 (10 weeks)
- Intensive course. Monday to Friday 09:00-14:30 and Saturday 10:00-15:30 (6 days)
Marnixstraat 80, 1015 VX Amsterdam
What you learn
How to introduce yourself in Dutch and make appointments, order at a bar or a restaurant, buy groceries and go shopping, talk about your daily life, go for an evening out or plan a city break, describe your family, and more. You will develop the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing in Dutch at A1 CEFR level.
How you learn
Since communication is the main goal, you will work in pairs or groups to practise speaking and listening through various engaging and fun exercises. After each lesson, the teacher will share the material you should prepare for the following lesson. Home study of approx. 5 to 8 hours per week is essential in order to achieve the A1 level.
No formal requirements. This is a course for true beginners or individuals with very little to no contact with the Dutch language.
Contact! 1 tekstboek (It is not included in the course fee and should be ordered in timely fashion before the course starts).
The course fee includes:
- 30 hours of relevant, informative and engaging Dutch language lessons;
- additional materials administered during the lessons;
- a graded written test at the last lesson;
- a certificate of attendance;
- a TaalBoost goodie bag and;
- coffee/tea and cookies during the breaks.
The course fee does not include:
- the course book of € 38,50. The same course book is used for Level 1 and Level 2.
register for a course
Evening L1 Sept 10
Evening L2 Sept 10
Evening L3 Sept 11
Evening L4 Sept 11
Intensive L1 Sept 10
Intensive L2 Aug 13
Saturday L1 Sept 8
Saturday L2 Sept 8